How to Ride
Follow these steps to make your ride on SEAT an enjoyable one.
Arrive a few minutes early at the destination stop and stand in an open area that is easily visible to the Operator. (At night a customer should stand in a well-lit area.)
Check the Route
As the bus approaches, check the number and destination visible on the front of the bus. Customers should be on curb side (door side of the street). Make sure it is the bus you want. Hand motion from side to side is an indication that you would like the bus to stop.
Make sure you have the correct change and/or valid bus ticket/pass for the zone in which you plan to travel. This will help to avoid delays in service.
As the bus approaches, stay back from the curb and wait for it to come to a complete stop before boarding. Customers should utilize hand railings to board the bus. Customers should not stand between vehicles, behind trees & poles or near intersections. Generally the rule of thumb is at least two bus lengths, which is 80 feet, from an intersection whenever possible.
Bikes on Board
SEAT has bike racks on their buses. Buses can carry a maximum of two bikes, on "first-come, first-served" basis.
Only single seat, two-wheeled bikes will fit in the racks. No tricycles, electric, tandem, or motorized bikes are permitted.
During your Trip
- Do not eat, drink or smoke on board;
- Keep the designated front seats reserved for Senior Citizens and Disabled passengers;
- Do not use foul language or disturb others on the bus;
- Fold strollers/shopping carts before boarding and store them out of the aisle;
- Use earphones to listen to your radio or audio device;
- Keep your cell phone conversations private by speaking quietly;
- Keep your head, hands and arms inside of the bus;
- Shirts and shoes must be worn while on the bus;
- Animals, other than service animals, must be in secured containers;
- Place trash in trash cans; Keep seats clean; No feet on the seats;
- Cooperate with your bus operator's instructions.
CAUTION: Buses make frequent starts and stops. Please stay seated, if possible. Use available railings and handgrips while standing or moving about the bus. Wait until the bus has stopped before moving to exit.
Push the Yellow Strip During Your Trip
Prior to your destination, push the plastic yellow strip or yellow cord near the window to request the Operator to stop the bus. The Operator will make every attempt to stop at the requested location providing it's a safe location to due so. Remain seated until the bus comes to a complete stop.
Gather Your Belongings
When exiting, gather personal items and leave through the exit door at the front or rear of the bus. Customers should utilize hand railings when departing the bus. Customers should step away from the bus until the bus departs. Customers should not walk in front of the bus for their own safety.
If you need assistance with scheduling your trip, please call SEAT at (860) 886-2631. Our helpful representatives are available to help plan your trip, by phone, from 5 a.m. to 11 p.m., Monday through Saturday, and 4 a.m. to
2 p.m. on Sunday.
The Customer Service Kiosk, inside the NTC (Norwich Transportation Center), is open from 7:15 a.m. to 4:15 p.m., Monday through Friday; Saturday hours are 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. and closed Sunday.